Member #610488's Note:
This is a variation of the traditional dish of Southern Louisiana with Cajun and Native American influences called maque choux (pronounced “mock shoe”) which consists of corn, tomatoes, peppers and onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (5 ounce) pork chops, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed patted dry
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1In a small bowl, combine paprika, oregano, onion powder, 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Sprinkle pork with spice mixture.
- 2Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, tilting skillet to coat bottom lightly, and cook pork for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until slightly pink in center. Transfer pork to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- 3Return skillet to medium-high. Add remaining 2 tsp oil and tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Add corn, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring frequently.
- 4Add tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes, until tomatoes are just tender. Remove from heat, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt, cover and let stand for 2 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve vegetable mixture over top of pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Style Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 375.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g