1/1 Photo of Cajun Style Grits With Black-Eyed Peas Salsa
This is especially for our Vegetarian Zaarites, but anyone would love this. I will have to post the Blackeye salsa separately, so that is what it is called. Look for it. You will LOVE this. This is not an original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno chile
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup packaged Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup black-eyed peas or 3/4 cup cooked dry-packaged black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped
- blackeye salsa (recipe posted separately.)
- 1Combine water, jalapeno chili, cumin and salt in medium saucepan; heat to boiling.
- 2Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 7-8 minutes.
- 3Stir in cheese and Blackeyes.
- 4Spoon grits onto plates, then spoon Blackeye Salsa over grits.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Style Grits With Black-Eyed Peas Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 801.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g