Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Prep: 20 min., Bake: 20 min., Stand: 5 min. Serve this bold and rich bread as an appetizer. It also pairs well with vinaigrette-dressed salad or your favorite grilled meat
- 1 (14 ounce) French bread, loaf
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1. Cut bread loaf in half lengthwise. Brush melted butter evenly onto cut sides of bread halves.
- 2. Stir together onion, jalapeño pepper, and next 5 ingredients, and spread mixture evenly over buttered sides of bread halves. Place bread halves, buttered sides up, on a baking sheet, and sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes; cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices, and serve immediately.
- Note: To make ahead, wrap prepared unbaked bread halves in aluminum foil, place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and freeze up to 1 month. To bake frozen, remove bread halves from freezer bag, and place foil-wrapped bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until thawed. Remove foil, return to baking sheet, buttered sides up, and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes, and cut bread halves as directed.