Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This works well with Talipia also. I didn't have bread to make fresh crumbs from once and used packaged crumbs but I much prefer the fresh crumbs. If you don't have fresh herbs, use half the amounts listed of dried herbs (but fresh is best).
- 6 catfish fillets (about 1/2 lb. each)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce, depending on taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (including tops)
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- parsley (to garnish)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse fillets and ry well.
- Season each fillet with a mixture of salt, lemon pepper and cayenne.
- Rub oil in a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- Place fillets in prepared baking dish and top fillets with 4 Tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with fresh bread crumbs and 2 Tablespoons of the fresh lemon juice.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes, just until fish flakes easily.
- Do not overcook.
- Butter Sauce: Combine all remaining butter and lemon juice with other sauce ingredients, except parsley and lemon slices for garnish.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets on serving dish, top with butter sauce and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
best ever.Just cut back on the lemonpepper as too much overwellms the all over taste.I used basa as it is a type of catfish and it was great.You could serve this to company and they would think that you had gone to a lot of trouble to make it.
Thanks for posting this recipe. I needed to reduce the butter, so I used only 1 TBL per fillet. It was still very good. Also, I didn't have fresh bread crumbs, so I used the canned type for seafood, no harm, but fresh would have been better.