Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Super yummy and easy Cajun/Creole style pork ribs. Found recipe in, "Simple 1-2-3 Slow Cooker," cookbook.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, divided (or Creole Seasoning)
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs pork ribs (country-style)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
- Combine carrots, onion, bell peppers, garlic, and 2 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning in slow cooker; mix well.
- Trim excess fat from ribs. Cut into individual riblets. Sprinkle 1 tbsp Cajun or Creole seasoning over ribs; place in slow cooker over vegetables. Pour tomatoes with juice over ribs (slow cooker will be full.) Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove ribs and vegetables from cooking liquid to serving platter. Let liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat. Blend water, cornstarch, and remaining 1 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 15 to 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return ribs and vegetables to sauce; carefully stir to coat. Serve with rice.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This recipe is very good and easy. I actually forgot to thicken it at the end (everyone was hungry). When I made these ribs I used Creole seasoning. Also I couldn't get all my ribs to break in half so I just threw them in my pot. I don't know how many pounds I used but it was a rack of ribs. Overall these were very good! Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)
This was enjoyed by my family. Thank You for a simple, tasty meal in the crock pot. I used "The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix" #186029 by KITTENCAL for the seasoning. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice