- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the onion recipe soup mix, bread crumbs, chili powder, cumin, thyme, and pepper.
- Dip the cubed chicken in bread crumb mixture, coating well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2-inch oil over medium temperature and saute chicken, turning once, until done; drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with assorted mustards and other condiments (blue cheese dip or buttermilk dressing are good).