Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious nuggets with a little spicy bite to them. :)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- In a large bowl, combine the onion recipe soup mix, bread crumbs, chili powder, cumin, thyme, and pepper.
- Dip the cubed chicken in bread crumb mixture, coating well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2-inch oil over medium temperature and saute chicken, turning once, until done; drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with assorted mustards and other condiments (blue cheese dip or buttermilk dressing are good).
We love these! I make a dippings sauce with mayo, ketchup, spices and chipotle tabasco.
I have made these about half a dozen times now, and they are delicious! We usually use low-sodium onion soup mix to try to ease up on the salt content, and increase the amount of red pepper flakes to our taste. Great dipped in honey mustard!
This was way too salty for us. The onion soup mix was the culprit. That being said I loved the crunch of the dried onions. If I could find a sodium reduced onion soup mix, I would make this again. Thank you