Recipe by Sue Lau
These are so savory, really spicy too! If you don't like them so hot, you can cut down on the pepper in the recipe but that red pepper doesn't hurt that bad! ;)
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
These were so tasty. However, I used turkey breast instead of chicken, and I used flour for the breading instead of the breadcrumbs. The turkey breast turned out so moist and flavorful. We will be having these often! Made for ZWT5, the Saucy Senoritas!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips, or"fingers" about 3 inches in length.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, (except breadcrumbs and 3 tbsp. margarine), in a bowl and add chicken and mix well, insuring that chicken is coated on all sides.
- Allow chicken to marinate in this for at least 20 minutes.
- Coat chicken in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess, and place chicken fingers on plate.
- Heat margarine in skillet over medium heat; add chicken fingers, and cook until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add more margarine to the skillet if necessary.
- Drain fingers on paper toweling.
- Serve hot with Tabasco sauce, if desired.