Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from my friend Linda, who has gone to JazzFest since I have known her. This is such a flavorful dish and the French bread is a must for sopping up the delicious sauce. I served this with Chicken and Sausage Gumbo for a birthday dinner, and everyone loved it.
- 2 lbs shrimp, raw
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or marjoram)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 1 loaf French bread
- Peel and butterfly shrimp (leaving on tail), set aside. Melt butter, add oil, paprika, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, cayenne, black pepper, pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in chicken broth, let stand for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. (Sauce can be prepared ahead of time.)
- Return shrimp to pan and cook until done. Serve with French bread on the side to dip in juice.