1/1 Photo of Cajun Stuffed Tomatoes
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Cut off stem end of each tomato.
- 3Scoop out pulp leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- 4Turn tomatoes upside down to drain; set aside.
- 5Heat a large skillet until hot.
- 6Add sausage.
- 7Cook and stir until sausage is browned, about 3 minutes.
- 8Add green pepper, celery, garlic and thyme.
- 9Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Stir in eggs.
- 12Spoon meat mixture into reserved tomato shells.
- 13Place in shallow baking pan containing 1/2 inch water.
- 14Cover and bake until tomatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.1
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 1425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 26.8 g