Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Untested! Looked good, thinking about trying it with frozen. From the Chef 2 chef recipe club
Make and share this Cajun String / Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Fry bacon slices until crisp.
- Add potato.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add drained can of cut green beans.
- Season to taste.
- Add 3/4-cup water and cover.
- Cook on medium low heat for 20 minutes.
I enjoyed this recipe a lot though I did make a few alterations. I added a splash of olive oil to the recipe, I replaced the bacon with diced fresh jalapeno peppers, and I replaced the canned beans with fresh beans.
This was good, but it is missing something. I doubled the bacon, but still felt it needed something else. Maybe some hot sauce or Cajun seasoning. However, it is very easy and I plan to experiment with this recipe. (Also, directions don't say where to add onions. I sauteed them in bacon grease for a few minutes before adding potato.)