Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT9 - Cajun/Creole. Recipe from cookbook The Complete Illustrated Book of Herbs. This rub is wonderful on beef, chicken, lamb or pork.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground paprika
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Rub desired amount onto meat of your choice and bbq.
This is a very good spice rub and not too salty. I used it to make Louisiana Red Beans and Rice. I'll also use it plenty as a rub for meat and fish. It is that good!