This recipe was in the August 2011 issue of Cooking Light. I made it for my family and boyfriend, and everyone loved it. I didn't have a smoker, so I just skipped using the wood chips and grilled the shrimp, which worked fine.
- 354.88 ml hickory chips
- 7.39 ml sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml ground sage
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 29.58 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 680.38 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml finely chopped green onions
- 29.58 ml finely chopped celery
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml capers, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml creole mustard
- 4.92 ml prepared horseradish
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs
- cooking spray
- Soak wood chips in water 1 hour; drain.
- To prepare shrimp, combine paprika and the next 9 ingredients (through red pepper). Combine olive oil and shrimp in a bowl, and toss to coat. Sprinkle shrimp with rub, and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To prepare rémoulade, combine mayonnaise and the next 10 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl. Remove yolks from eggs; discard yolks or reserve for another use. Finely chop egg whites, and stir into mayonnaise mixture. Cover; chill.
- Remove grill rack, and set aside. Prepare the grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to high and leaving one side with no heat. Pierce the bottom of a disposable aluminum foil pan several times with the tip of a knife. Place pan on heat element on heated side of grill; add wood chips to pan. Let wood chips stand for 15 minutes or until smoking; reduce heat to medium. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill. Place shrimp in a grilling skillet; place skillet on grill rack over unheated side. Cover and grill 15 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring after 7 minutes. Serve with rémoulade.