Recipe by Pets'R'us
I have also made this using scallops, or a mix of shrimp and scallops, and it is just as nice! I like to serve it with rice and a refreshing cucumber salad. The hotness will depend on the blend of your Cajun Seasoning. Mine is pretty hot, I make my own blend.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Xcellent! I used green peppers, (as that was on hand) but it didn't change the recipe not one bit. I could see serving this to the Queen ~ it is so good and so pretty too! I didn't cook my shrimp as long, since they only need to be cooked so little, and they were perfect. Made in memory of a lovely lady, Pets. 2011
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw large shrimp or 1 1⁄2 lbs prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the paprika powder, chili flakes, cajun seasoning and salt, mix with the prawns and leave for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, on a medium heat fry the onion rings, peppers and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put up the heat and add the prawns, fry until they start to color.
- Add the cream whilst stirring, lower the heat again and simmer until prawns are done, do not over-cook.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.