Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
posted for ZWT 5
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375¼F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add the pecans - saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in the paprika, chile powder and cumin. Add the vinegar and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake in an oven until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Gou-ou-ou-ood!!! And the fact that your name is Boo is just an added bonus.
Took a chance, glad I did. Excellent change of pace.
These were fantastic!!! I must admit when I read the ingredients I was a little hesitant. But also intriged. I'm so glad I took the dive and tried them. Not too sweet, not too spicy...a great snack. Sent for the Holiday Cookie Exchange 2009