Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a colleague (born and bred in the South) when I worked at LSU (Lousiana State University).
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- tony chachere's creole seasoning, pretend the t and c are capitalized
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Melt butter in bowl (microwave); stir in A-1 and Tabasco. Add pecan halves and mix well.
- Pour onto jellyroll pan (cookie sheet with sides) and shake to distribute evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in 200 degree oven. Stir every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fairly generously with Tony’s Creole Seasoning.
- Cool; store in airtight container (or ziplock bags ).
I made as stated other than I had to use worcestershire sauce instead of A-1. I'm making more to give as gifts!
I made these pecans for a Mardi Gras party and they seemed to go over pretty well. I sprinkled the Tony Chachere's on pretty liberally and didnâ€™t think it was too spicy, so shake away!
This was super easy, and a great recipe for spiced nuts. Unfortunately, I didn't have pecans like I thought, so I had to substitute tamari almonds, which tasted great. I can't wait to make this properly with the pecans, though. Made for PRMR Tag Game.