Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've recently discovered Cajun seasoning and I like it so much,I'm about to add it to any food. Found this on about.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 2 cups lightly dry roasted salted peanuts
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in seasoning and cayenne.
- Add peanuts to skillet; cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store for up to 3 weeks in a tightly covered container.
This is embarrassingly easy and is a huge hit at my house. I did a second batch with just cashews and dialed up the spice to satisfy my husband and sons need for painfully spicy stuff and they can't leave it alone.
Awesome and EASY!!! I doubled the recipe and added an extra 1 tsp Creole Seasoning. I actually used 1 cup almonds, 1 cup cashews, 1 cup peanuts and 1 cup sesame sticks. SO good and I can't wait to share them with my friends at our get-together this evening! UPDATE: I made these nuts for gifts for all of my son's teachers last Christmas and they were very well received. I now make them using Rita's recipe for Cajun Rub Mix. I also don't use quite as much oil as the recipe calls for and add a little extra Cajun seasoning and cayenne. Yum!
A very quick to make and super yummy snack nuts recipe! I made this using the chili powder option and mixed nuts and it was sooo good! We all enjoyed it. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, little!
Made and reviewed for Adopt a Veggie Tag January 2011.