Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great flavor for a little different garlic bread, make it as hot as you want.
Make and share this Cajun Spiced Garlic Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb softened butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot sauce (Tabasco or peri-peri will do)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf sourdough bread
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Slash the bread almost to the bottom in 1" slices.
- Butter between slices.
- Wrap the loaf in double foil.
- BBQ 6" from heat for 25 minutes turning often, serve hot.
We grilled tonight and this bread was to die for yummy. The butter, herbs and hot sauce was well proportioned. The vinegar gave it a nice tang. Need to have plenty of cold beer or water handy. Thanks Bergy, a big hit with my family.
Nothing less than I have come to expect from you Bergy! This made a GREAT change of pace from the usual garlic bread and for a spice lover like me, I was in Spice heaven! I used half a baguette, as there were only the two of us and we ate this as an appie with drinks tonight. I used ALL of the ingredients with extra hot sauce and also I sprinkled chopped parsley over the top as a garnish.......made for a recipe review gift for Europe on a Plate and devoured by us greedy ones! Thanks again for such a great recipe Bergy-kins! FT:-)
Awesome flavor. I had to cut the tabasco as 1/4 of that is all the heat I wanted but still the recipe tasted soooo good.