Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a barbecue recipe from Cooking Light. I think you could substitute any firm white fish for the catfish. The recipe suggests turning them into po'boys by serving them on rolls with lettuce and tomato slices. Sounds good to me! Cooking time does not include the 20 minutes chilling time.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 24 ounces catfish fillets, cut into 24 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 3 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 wedges
- cooking spray
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, salt and ground red pepper in a medium bowl. Add catfish and toss until coated. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
- Whisk (with balloon whisk) mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers and horseradish in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Prepare grill to hot heat.
- Cook corn in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain.
- Thread 8 12-inch metal skewers alternating 3 catfish pieces, 2 corn pieces, and 3 bell pepper pieces. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill for 4 minutes on each side (or until fish flakes easily with a fork).
- Serve with sauce.