Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Okay we usually use Emeril's Bam seasoning on our popcorn, but when we feel like we are in the mood for more of a kick, this is the recipe we use. From Cook's Illustrated.
- 3 -4 quarts popped popcorn
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, hot sauce, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and dried thyme to the melted butter and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute (I cheat and do this in the microwave).
- Pour over hot popcorn and toss.