Give your life a kick! Use this mixture for barbecue or blackened steaks, shrimp, ribs, chicken, blackened fish, cajun soups, gumbos or sauces.
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a jar.
- Store in a cool, dark place up to 1/2 a year.
I cut the salt to only 1/8 cup. Absolutly love this. I put it on everything...grilled veg, rice, chicken, and fish. Can't say enough about it. Its a must.
This is the best. Love it, love it, love it. Have used it on several different meats and on my favorite Halibut. It is great on fish. Great job Rita!
I can't stop sneezing LOL!!! Anyhoo, this is good stuff! Used it to make some Cajun Peanuts for gift giving this holiday season and I have some left over to use in general cooking. I too cut the salt in half, only because I was using it on salted nuts and sesame sticks. Sprinkled some on my microwave popcorn this evening and it was GREAT!!! Thanks Rita (and congrats on being the Veggie VIP this month)!