Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great spice mix to use when blackening anything. It is particularly good on fish. I think this was from a Paul Prudhomme recipe. You can play with the amounts of the spices to suit your own tastes.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Mix all of the spices together. Done!
I tripled the recipe as Cajun is something that I often use (especially on fish). I made it a few days ago and have used it some blue hake and in a ham sandwich. This stuff is great and uses things that I always keep on hand. Perfect!
Loved it!!! Full of flavour ?
A fantastic spice mix that I will use over and over on many things.