Recipe by CHILI SPICE
Spice up your chicken, fish, lamb, pork or beef with this zesty spice mix.
Top Review by Peter J
Very nice! I made this when I realised I'd ran out of Cajun mix and won't be going back to buying it pre-made again, this was much better and had a wonderful aroma. I made more than I needed and because the moisture in the brown sugar is the only reason I could see it not keeping for longer I'm drying the rest out in front of a heater to keep in a jar.
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Makes 1/3 cup.
- ***Tip --- for every 4 servings (1 lb boneless or 2 lb bone in) meat, poultry or fish, mix 2 tablespoons Cajun spice mix; 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; and 1 clove minced garlic. Rub over meat and let stand for 10 minutes. (Make rub ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24hrs).