Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Hot and tasty. There is lots of extra sauce to serve over rice. Serve for Christmas meal instead of the traditional turkey.
- 3 lbs pork spareribs, cut short
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Cut ribs into sections of about 3 ribs each. Place in 3 quart casserole or small roaster.
- Stir next 6 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add next 4 ingredients. Mix. Pour over ribs. Cover. Bake in 325°F oven for 1 hour.
- Scatter onion and green pepper over top. Cover. Cook in 300°F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Serves 4-6.
- Company’s Coming for Christmas.