Easy snapper in a cajun seasoning and of course fresh garlic! Oven or grill (if grill, cooking time will be appx 20 - 25 minutes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take a large piece of aluminum foil and lay two slices of bacon in an X pattern.
- 2Lay the snapper on the bacon and place the other two slices in an X pattern on top of the snapper.
- 3Pour the melted butter on the snapper and add the onion, bell pepper and lemon (all sliced) Lay the fresh garlic on the snapper.
- 4Sprinkle the cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning, and garlic powder.
- 5Add the lemon juice.
- 6Seal the fish in the foil and place on a baking pan.
- 7Place in oven at 400°F for 40 minutes or until flaky.
- 8You can also cook on a grill for appx 20-25 minutes.
- 9Remove the snapper out of the foil and discard the cooking juices.
- 10I love to serve this with a slice of fresh lemon, a small dinner salad and then dirty rice on the side with corn.
- 11And let us not forget to have Tobasco on the table for those who like it spicer (like me)!
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Snapper (and don't forget the garlic!)
Serving Size: 1 (1214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 321.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g