Recipe by Studentchef
Every few months my supermarket puts out a booklet full of recipes and recipe ideas. This particular recipe is from a 2012 Holiday edition. The booklet suggests you put them in jars for holiday gifting.
Top Review by diner524
What a nice change from my normal chex mix snack that I usually make around the holidays. I liked the zip/heat from the Cajun seasoning. I would definitely make this again, but with some tweaking for my tastes. There wasn't near enough spice/oil mixture to evenly coat the mix, sometimes you get just plain cereal/pretzel/peanuts and then other times the mix is so strong in seasonings(cereals really absorb that mixture), it is overpowering. But think with some changes, this could be a new favorite snack mix!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
- 1 (620 g) box wheat, squares
- 1 (525 g) boxoat o's cereal
- 0.5 (200 g) package pretzel sticks
- 1 pakg chedder cheese crackers (200g)
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 125 ml canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a shallow roasting pan toss together the first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk the remaining ingredients and drizzle over the cereal mixture. Bake in middle rack of oven until aromatic and slightly golden, for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool completely and store in an extra large freezer bags. The mixture keeps up to 10 days.