Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb irish potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut Into pieces
- 1⁄2 lb tasso, cut Into pieces
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage, hot, cut into pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced small
- 1 bunch green onion top, chopped
- to taste garlic powder
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, red and black
- to taste parsley flakes
- Mix sausage, bacon, Tasso, potatoes in cooking pot. Season mixture with seasoning listed above.
- Add water to potatoes. Do not cover potatoes completely with water!
- Cook over medium to high heat, stir-ring occasionally to keep from sticking until potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot.
I made these for a cajun potluck at work. People asked for the recipe so they must've been good. Good flavor but not TOO spicy (depends on the sausage). Problems - I made 3 lbs of potatoes and they didn't want to cook in the crock pot. Ended up microwaving for 30 minutes to get potatoes soft. Also, bacon produces grease so I kept having to remove liquid (started with potatoes 1/2 covered with water). Alterations - I did not have access to any tasso so just used extra sausage & bacon.