1/6 Photos of Cajun Smoked Beer Can Chicken
Chef #1107673's Note:
This is the best chicken that I have ever had! I purchased a Big Green Egg Smoker and was looking for new recipes and discovered this. I found the recipe on the website The Smoker King (smokerking.com). I think the key part of this recipe is the injection. It makes the chicken so tender and juicy. The chicken is injected with a butter mixture. Leave it to me to find the only unhealthy recipe for chicken on the internet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup melted butter (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Seasoning (I used dizzy pig)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 21. Whisk all injection ingredients together.
- 32. Using a kitchen syringe, inject the liquid into various spots on the chicken. Try to be even as possible, injecting about 1/2 of the mixture into the breasts, and the other 1/2 throughout the rest of the chicken.
- 43. Rub the chicken down with olive oil, and apply an even layer of Tony's Cajun Seasoning to the bird.
- 54. Drink half of the beer, widen the opening at the top of the can, then put the garlic and onion in the can.
- 65. Place the bird on the can. It should sit up by itself. You may have to prop the legs forward to make it sit up.
- 76. Preheat your smoker to about 250 F degrees. I use hickory for chicken; charcoal works well too.
- 87. Mix the mop ingredients in the spray bottle and shake before each use.
- 98. Put the chicken on the smoker and spray the chicken with the mop about every 30 minutes to keep it moist.
- 108. Smoke the chicken for 3-4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest meat reaches 175 F Degrees.
Browse Our Top For 1 Or 2 Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Smoked Beer Can Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 916.4
- Calories from Fat 900
- Total Fat 100.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 426.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Tony Chachere's Seasoning