1/1 Photo of Cajun Sliders
I got this out of Shape Magazine and had to make sure I saved it to try it one day. I love sliders and this is a healthy variety. I don't eat beef so I use ground turkey and ground chicken. You may use 6 ounces of ground beef in place of the ground chicken or ground turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 6 ounces ground turkey
- 6 ounces ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 4 slices onions, round slices (from 1 small onion)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 small buns (slider buns)
- 1Preheat broiler. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine turkey, chicken (or beef), Ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and hot sauce. Form the mixture into four fat patties (each should be a little wider than the bun) and set aside.
- 3Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Place patties in pan, cover and cook for 4 minutes, than flip and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F on a cooking thermometer.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and mustard, then spread on the inside of each bun. Put a patty on the bottom of each bun, top with an onion slice and 2 strips of bell pepper, and cover with bun tops. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Sliders
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 388.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g