Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This is from Ricardo and posted for ZWT
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 16 small wood skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 29.58 ml chili seasoning mix
- 3.69 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients of the marinade.
- Add shrimps and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat. Drain shrimps but keep the liquid to baste. Put one shrimp per skewer. Cook on the grill until shrimps change color. Baste with remaining marinade while cooking.
I don't know who Ricardo is, but I bet he's a good chef! I followed this exactly except forgot to peel my shrimp, but no matter it still came out delightfully enchanting. For those nay-sayers who, think this is "hot" I can reassure you that it's not. Just a wonderful mixture of a bit of spice along with the succulent, savory taste of grilled shrimp. I only basted once, upon turning this over, but let me tell you this is one great recipe! I marinated for 1 hour. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* July 2009
Wonderful shrimp! DH even commented on how good they were and he's a very hard sell. Made for ZWT9
I don't know who enjoyed these better, us, or our neighbors that enjoyed the aroma coming from my grill, seeing that the wind was going right to them. I did add a tad more tomato paste, though. These were fablous though. Made for Holiday tag.