This came from Rachael Ray's Magazine, February/March, 2006. Looks great and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1PREPARE THE FLAPJACKS:.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the corn, butter, eggs, sugar, 1 cup of flour, salt and baking soda.
- 3Set the batter aside.
- 4PREPARE AND COOK SHRIMP:.
- 5Peel the shrimp, clean & devein, and place the shells in a shallow saucepan with the water and cayenne.
- 6Bring the water to a boil and cook until the water is reduced by half, about 5 minutes, then strain the shrimp broth into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 7Discard the shells.
- 8Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning.
- 9In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it ripples, then sprinkle in the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and cook, striing constantly, until the mixture turns rich brown in color, 3-5 minutes.
- 10Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 2 minutes.
- 11Whisk in the reserved shrimp broth and boil the sauce for about 1 minute to thicken.
- 12Add the shrimp and cook just until cooked through and pink, about 3 minutes.
- 13Remove to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- 14FINISH THE FLAPJACKS:.
- 15Wipe the large nonstick skillet clean with paper towel, coat with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- 16Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the hot skillet for each flapjack and cook in batches until the bottoms are golden and bubbles appear on the surface.
- 17Flip the flapjacks and finish cooking 1 minute more.
- 18Repeat with remaining batter.
- 19Top the flapjacks with shrimp and suace.
- 20Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp With Corn Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.3
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 309.0 mg
- Sodium 961.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 32.1 g