Recipe by teresas
I got this out of a magazine called "Clean Eating" This is low in fat and sugar. Both DH and I found it to be outstanding. It may say fry but there is nothing fatty about it. It would also be great on the Weight Watchers program.
Top Review by LuvRVing
This is a great "base" to start with. I added about 1/2 cup of onions that I sauteed first until almost caramelized, then the garlic, then red bell pepper, celery and mushrooms. I also used a bit more oil because I was using a cast iron frying pan. This is one of those "30 minute" meals that I especially love because it's very tasty.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 green peppers, seeded, inner ribs removed and cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, seeded, inner ribs removed, and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (have a glass while cooking if you need to unwhine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shrimp with Cajun spice seasoning and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet and saute' peppers for 6 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Turn heat down and add minced garlic, stirring constantly so that garlic doesn't burn.
- Remove peppers and garlic from pan, wipe pan out with paper towel.
- Return pan to medium-high heat, and heat remaining tsp of oil.
- Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add wine (don't forget about yours) and lemon juice, peppers and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce; serve each portion over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.