Recipe by Miss Annie
Another Cajun classic. Easy to prepare and oh so good!
Top Review by Anita de la Costa
I was debating giving this 3 stars, but I like the concept so I am giving it 4. The consistency was great, but I had to add a lot of extra seasoning to make it not bland. However, with a bunch of crushed red pepper flakes, worchestershire sauce and cajun seasoning this turned out great.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped, with some tops
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a roux by browning flour in hot oil over medium heat, until you get the desired color. Do not burn! (If you burn it, throw it away and start over).
- Add water gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add onions and green bell pepper.
- Allow to simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Gravy should be thick).
- Add shrimp, salt, pepper, and chopped green onions.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until shrimp are done.