Recipe by lukesmom
An easy, delicious soup that is sure to warm you all the way to your toes!
Top Review by AnCapAusten
It is a good soup IF the flour is added after the corn and tomatoes are added. To do so before hand at medium heat will cause copious amounts of smoke to emit from the pot. The instructions could be a little more detailed. The soup tasted much better *before* the addition of shrimp.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/cajun-shrimp-soup-143633/review#rz-w?oc=linkback
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (12 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 3 cups small cooked shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan on med. heat. Carefully add flour; cook and stir until golden brown(5 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Add veggies and garlic. Cook and stir for about 5 minute Add corn, tomatoes with liquid, bay leaf, peppers and hot sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Stir in shrimp&parsley. Heat through. Remove bay leaf and serve.