Top Review by Dreamgoddess
This was a super easy to make shrimp dish. I bought the shrimp already peeled and the recipe came together very quickly. The flavor was good, but next time I think I'll add in a bit more cajun seasoning. I might add in some cayenne also. I served this with Crock Pot Onion Potatoes #91248 and rolls. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 cup butter (cut into small pieces, no substitutes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (can use more to taste or use Creole seasoning)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 lbs medium uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined, I use black tiger shrimp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish (or one that will hold all ingredients).
- In a saucepan place the butter with mustard, lemon juice, chopped garlic, wine (if using) Cajun seasoning, black pepper and parsley; bring JUST to a simmer stirring with a wooden spoon or until the butter has melted (do not brown the butter) remove from heat.
- Place the shrimp into the baking dish then pour the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the shrimp are pink (cooking time will depend on the size of your shrimp).
- Season with salt if desired.
- Serve with crusty bread.