Recipe by Simply Potatoes
Warm up with a dash of Cajun spice! This fast and easy chowder recipe brings the authentic flavors of Louisiana to your table in 35 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled, de-veined (26 to 30 count)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Slices, chopped slightly
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp, onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is no longer pink. Add Simply Potatoes, broth and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until Simply Potatoes are tender.
- In small bowl stir together flour and water until smooth. Slowly add flour mixture to soup. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until mixture is thickened and heated through.