Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A rich, delicious Cajun-style shrimp pasta dish.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 cup cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 ounce fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook penne paste until al dente. Drain and let cool.
- In a saute pan heat olive oil and add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and set aside, but leave grease in saute pan.
- Add onions and garlic to bacon grease and cook until golden.
- Remove onions and garlic, set aside with bacon.
- Add shrimp and cook until done.
- Turn heat to low, return bacon, onion, and garlic to pan.
- Add paprika, red chili pepper flakes, and penne pasta.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Excellant - 5 Star rating. My family loved it on Christmas Eve.
I guess it was a hung jury on whether it should be 4 or 5 stars. While I LOVED it, my hubby just gave it a "really good, but not wonderfully fantastic." (and he has given some recipes the 'wonderfully fantastic' label. I made a few changes though. No onion, no bacon. And, I didn't really measure the spices, just went by color and feel, so I'm not sure if my version was spicier or not as spicy as the original. Either way, I WILL cook this again!
This recipe is awesome! I add scallops and salmon as well but change nothing else. This is a hit every time I serve it to family and friends and am alsways asked for the recipe!