Prep 15 mins
Cook 46 mins
A non-creamy Cajun pasta dish.
- 453.59 g vermicelli or 453.59 g linguine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh garlic
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml cayenne (to taste)
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml peeled and diced tomato
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml butter
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- Cook pasta according to packaging; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, thyme, cayenne, pepper and basil; cook on low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato, sugar, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 30 minutes, until liquid is reduced by half. Season with salt, if desired.
- In a separate small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, until light pink. Add to pasta sauce and cook 5 minutes, stirring to combine thoroughly. Add the cooked pasta and toss well with the grated cheese. Serve topped with fresh grated cheese and green onions.