Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful spicy shrimp and pasta dish is delicious, easy and elegant. Very spicy - add Cajun seasoning to suit your tastes. From Allrecipes.
- 2 cups uncooked orecchiette
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add orecchiette pasta, and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, until almost al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in shallots, garlic, and green onion.
- Season with Cajun seasoning and pepper, and cook about 2 minutes.
- Mix in wine, tomatoes, and shrimp.
- Continue to cook and stir until shrimp are opaque.
- Mix in the pasta and spinach, cover, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until pasta is al dente and spinach has wilted.
Excellent recipe. I added some heavy cream and fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano.
Wow!! This is awesome! Love the flavor. I did up the cajun seasoning to 2Tbls, and used a can of drained diced tomatoes instead of fresh, and red onion. The juice is great for dipping a hot piece of bread. This is restaurant quality. Thanks for sharing.