Recipe by Melissa_8201
This is a great appetizer or side dish to go with any seafood/cajun feast. You can adjust the spice by decreasing the amount of cajun seasoning or you can substitute chili powder.
Top Review by equablegrp
What an absolutely great shrimp recipe. Perfect blend of spices with the ones that should standing out. Thank you so much for sharing. We made it for lunch and served it over rice with a Chocolate Torte for desert... Perfect!!
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined (25-30 count)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 6 ounces goat cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook 1 minute on each side, then add garlic and onion, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- Add tequila and cilatro and flambe until flame subsides.
- Add cream and turn heat down to medium-low.
- Add cajun seasoning.
- Stir, then take shrimp out and set aside while sauce thickens.
- Check sauce for flavor, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place shrimp in a baking dish.
- Cover with sauce then top with cheese.
- Place in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly.
- Approx 5 minutes.
- Garnish with whole cilantro leave if desired and serve immediately.