Recipe by Cajun Belle
My recipe fed four hungry Cajuns. Reminder: Shrimp tends to produce water while cooking. If you do not want a thin sauce, half way cook the shrimp in a separate pot. Then spoon them out into your sauce. If you do not like Shrimp or Crab you can always leave whichever one you do not like out of the recipe. You can also use this same recipe but with Crawfish or Chicken. I baked garlic bread to eat with my dish.
- 1⁄2 lb noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) canoriginal rotel
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb shrimp, boiled and cleaned
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In your main saucepan, sauté garlic and 1/2 yellow onion with butter do not burn. Cook until onions become transparent.
- In a separate pot, cook down your can of Rotel until soft. Then add to main saucepan.
- Stir in whipping cream, reduce heat to low and continue stirring about 2 minutes.
- Add Shrimp & Crab. Cook till shellfish is done.
- Season to your liking. I used Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning and salt & pepper.
- Add Parmesan cheese, stirring after about 1 minute. Stir in your cooked noodles. Mix all together.