Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't made this one yet- if you do, let me know how it turns out! From Southern Living Magazine.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peppers and onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups okra, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -3 lemons
- Over medium high heat, melt butter in a large skillet. Sauté onions & peppers 7 minutes, until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice & shrimp; cook approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, wine, soy sauce, cayenne, & rice. Mix well, remove from heat.
- Pour into a sprayed 9x11 casserole dish. Top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350, for 20 minutes. Serve with sliced lemons.
This is good, and super simple to make. Just the right amount of spice, nice and creamy, and looks as good as it tastes.