Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Canadian chef Ricardo - delicious and zippy, especially with a tall cold bevvie sitting on the deck! Made it on the BBQ side burner.
- 60 ml mayonnaise
- 60 ml parsley, chopped
- 5 ml green Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 675 g raw shrimp, shelled, deveined and patted dry
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 ml chili powder
- 5 ml paprika
- 2 1⁄2 ml dry mustard
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 boston lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Parsley Mayonnaise: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Cajun Shrimp: In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, brown the shrimp in half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the pepper and shallot in the remaining oil. Return the shrimp to the skillet. Add the garlic and spices. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Deglaze with the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Toast the buns. Spread the inside of the buns with the parsley mayonnaise. Place the Cajun Shrimp on the buns. Garnish with tomatoes and lettuce. Cover and serve.
DH and I made this shrimp burger for dinner last night. It is a good weeknight meal because it is fast and easy to prepare. The only modification that we made was to use regular Tabasco sauce in place of the jalapeno Tabasco because that was what we had on hand. We expected this to be a little spicier, and we ended up adding extra Tabasco to taste over our individual servings. Served with Sauteed Brussels Sprouts.
Oh My Goodness. Why did I not try this sooner? It's marvelous, also quick and simple to make. It all adds up to a 5 star hit for me. :D
Wow, was this recipe awesome Cadillacgirl. My dh & I loved it. Sooo good, great textures and the flavor, yummy. It was delicious, I doubled the spices and used extra large shrimp, it worked beautifully. Served the shrimp on a toasted hamburger bun, which I added remoulade sauce too, then the lettuce and tomato, shrimp and then the hot and spicy mayonnaise sauce. This was perfection, a lovely zing of flavor, thanks so much for sharing. Made for ZWT9.