Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy recipe. Dinner is ready in 30 min.
Make and share this Cajun Shrimp Bogged Down in Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Cook the rice with 3 c water and 1 tsp salt.
- Season the shrimp with pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and sauté until just barely done.
- Add lemon juice and parsley to pan. Mix well.
- Add shrimp mixture to rice and toss.
This was quite nice, however the qty seemed a bit off for the rice to shrimp ratio, along with the lemon juice. The title bogged down in rice suggested that there should be more rice than shrimp, however based on my efforts tonight, I think it is a little off. I ended up doubling the rice (after changing the serves to 2 people) and even with that, found the lemon was quite strong. Overall, a nice flavour and an easy meal. Thank you for sharing. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Testers.