1 hr 25 mins
This is really good, I made this twice times and can't wait to make it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1/2 lb dried smoked sausage, chopped (I use Andouille sausage for this)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning (use homemade or purchased, I use Emeril's mix)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 6 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1In a Dutch oven cook the dry sausage over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until browned; remove the sausage, drain fat leaving about 1 tablespoon in the Dutch oven.
- 2Melt the butter in the drippings over medium heat; add in shrimp; cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink; set the shrimp aside.
- 3Add in onion, red bell pepper, and celery cook for 5 minutes adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 4Stir in the Cajun seasoning and flour to the veggies; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Gradually stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low and stir in the whipping cream,.
- 6Cook simmering for about 7-8 minutes.
- 7Add in the Velveeta cubes, sausage and shrimp, stirring until the cheese melts.
- 8Stir in the chopped green onions and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve over the cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp and Sausage With Cheese Sauce and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.7
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 251.9 mg
- Sodium 1231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 31.8 g