Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is really good, I made this twice times and can't wait to make it again!
Top Review by Chi-Mama
I am in love with this new dish. I followed the recipe exact, except I replaced the the shrimp with imitation crab meat to save money. Also instead of pouring mixture over pasta, I blended the pasta and sauce together. I will make this recipe again for sure. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb dried smoked sausage, chopped (I use Andouille sausage for this)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning (use homemade or purchased, I use Emeril's mix)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 6 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven cook the dry sausage over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until browned; remove the sausage, drain fat leaving about 1 tablespoon in the Dutch oven.
- Melt the butter in the drippings over medium heat; add in shrimp; cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink; set the shrimp aside.
- Add in onion, red bell pepper, and celery cook for 5 minutes adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in the Cajun seasoning and flour to the veggies; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low and stir in the whipping cream,.
- Cook simmering for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the Velveeta cubes, sausage and shrimp, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over the cooked pasta.