1/2 Photos of Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil With Garlic Mayo
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens. Easy to do, easy to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 85.04 g bag shrimp or 85.04 g bag crab boil
- 44.37 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 1360.77 g new potatoes
- 5 ear corn
- 907.18 g smoked link sausage
- 1814.36 g large unpeeled shrimp
- 4 lemons
- 1Husk corn and cut into 2-3 pieces each.
- 2In a large 12-16 gallon pot, bring 2 gallons of water to boiling.
- 3Add shrimp or crab boil and Old Bay seasoning, reduce heat.
- 4simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes, a few at a time, allowing water to continue to simmer.
- 6Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- 7Add corn, simmer another 5 minutes.
- 8Cut sausage into 2-3" pieces; add sausage and shrimp.
- 9Simmer 3-5 minutes until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- 10Transfer to a large platter.
- 11Garnish with lemon halves and parsley, if desired.
- 12Serve with garlic mayo.
- 13For mayo:.
- 14In medium bowl, combine egg product, lemon juice, salt, and mustard. Whisk until smooth.
- 15Whisk in oil 1 T at a time; whisk constantly, about 7 minutes. When you feel that your arm might fall off, the mixture should be thickened.
- 16Finely chop garlic. Add a pinch of salt and rub with the side of a knife until the garlic becomes a paste. Add paste to mayo.
- 17Add 1 T boiling water to mayo; let stand 2 minutes; stir into the mayo.
- 18Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil With Garlic Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.5
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 354.9 mg
- Sodium 1847.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 64.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
fat-free liquid egg product