Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens. Easy to do, easy to share.
- 85.04 g bag shrimp or 85.04 g bag crab boil
- 44.37 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 1360.77 g new potatoes
- 5 ear corn
- 907.18 g smoked link sausage
- 1814.36 g large unpeeled shrimp
- 4 lemons
- 29.58 ml refrigerated fat-free liquid egg product
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml ground mustard
- 354.88 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml garlic
- 14.79 ml boiling water
- Husk corn and cut into 2-3 pieces each.
- In a large 12-16 gallon pot, bring 2 gallons of water to boiling.
- Add shrimp or crab boil and Old Bay seasoning, reduce heat.
- simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, a few at a time, allowing water to continue to simmer.
- Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Add corn, simmer another 5 minutes.
- Cut sausage into 2-3" pieces; add sausage and shrimp.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- Transfer to a large platter.
- Garnish with lemon halves and parsley, if desired.
- Serve with garlic mayo.
- For mayo:.
- In medium bowl, combine egg product, lemon juice, salt, and mustard. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in oil 1 T at a time; whisk constantly, about 7 minutes. When you feel that your arm might fall off, the mixture should be thickened.
- Finely chop garlic. Add a pinch of salt and rub with the side of a knife until the garlic becomes a paste. Add paste to mayo.
- Add 1 T boiling water to mayo; let stand 2 minutes; stir into the mayo.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.
I added 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic to 1 cup mayo. This is a definite winner!
Hit the spot! The garlic mayo was a little tart for us, but I think that is just our personal taste hence the 5 stars. We all enjoyed this. I did use Andouille Sausage for the smoked sausage.Made for Rail Riding Rowdies for ZWT 5