Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this makes a fantastic appetizer!! lots of taste. adapted from Canadian Living mag. (1999)
Make and share this Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, bring 12 cups water, cloves bay leaves, cinnamon, mustard and celery and coriander seeds, black peppercorns, paprika and hot pepper flakes to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If using smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces.
- Add smoked or Italian sausage to pot; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using scissors, cut through shell along back of each shrimp; remove vein.
- Scatter over pan; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Drain mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Cut italian sausage into bite size slices; arrange sausage around edge of platter.
- Mound shrimp in centre.
- Drizzle with reserved liquid.