this makes a fantastic appetizer!! lots of taste. adapted from Canadian Living mag. (1999)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, bring 12 cups water, cloves bay leaves, cinnamon, mustard and celery and coriander seeds, black peppercorns, paprika and hot pepper flakes to boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3If using smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces.
- 4Add smoked or Italian sausage to pot; simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, using scissors, cut through shell along back of each shrimp; remove vein.
- 6Scatter over pan; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- 7Drain mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 8Cut italian sausage into bite size slices; arrange sausage around edge of platter.
- 9Mound shrimp in centre.
- 10Drizzle with reserved liquid.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 273.1 mg
- Sodium 1138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 45.8 g