Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I used mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potato or grits to accompany the shrimp in order to lower the glycemic index. If you don’t have Cajun seasoning or cannot find gluten-free Cajun seasoning, you can just use some paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper. You can also use taco seasoning instead. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 50 ml milk or 50 ml nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 10 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- In a medium pot, bring a plenty of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp of salt and cauliflower florets, and boil until the cauliflower becomes very soft.
- Drain water. Add milk, Parmesan cheese (if using), and salt and mush the cauliflower. Adjust the amount of milk and salt. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle cajun seasoning and salt and sauté until the shrimp is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add parsley.
- On two plates, place mashed cauliflower and add sautéed shrimp on top.
- Sprinkle some black pepper, infuse love and serve!
this was amazing. I had zero expectations because I had failed at my last cauliflower recipe but this blew my mind. I did add more Cajun seasoning because I am a spice freak. I was literally saying "yum" after each bite.