Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The twist is the Italian sausage - gives it a little more kick/flavor. We love the added spice here in our Texas home! The more the merrier! Hope you enjoy this as well as we do. I buy the Italian sausage sold in bulk by Owens, but hot sausage would be good, too.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-Tel)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 lbs shrimp, medium uncooked, peeled and deveined
- In skillet, brown sausage, drain and set aside.
- In large sauce pan or Dutch oven, sauté garlic, onion and bell pepper in melted butter/margarine.
- Add sausage, corn, tomatoes, sugar, salt and cayenne.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in milk and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 8 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.