Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Garden fresh vegetables combined with shrimp and drizzled with a lime-chili dressing harks of summertime at its best. Adapted from " Raising the Salad Bar" by Catherine Walthers.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kernels from 6 ear of corn (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 roasted red pepper, cored and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In medium bowl combine the shrimp and Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the corn kernels for 3 to 4 minutes. Let the shrimp and corn cool to room temperature. (Note: Recipe #304627 is the easiest and best method.).
- In a large serving bowl, combine the shrimp, corn, tomatoes, roasted red pepper if using and parsley. In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and add to the salad. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve at room temperature.