Garden fresh vegetables combined with shrimp and drizzled with a lime-chili dressing harks of summertime at its best. Adapted from " Raising the Salad Bar" by Catherine Walthers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kernels from 6 ear of corn (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 roasted red pepper, cored and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1In medium bowl combine the shrimp and Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, steam the corn kernels for 3 to 4 minutes. Let the shrimp and corn cool to room temperature. (Note: Microwave Corn on the Cob is the easiest and best method.).
- 3In a large serving bowl, combine the shrimp, corn, tomatoes, roasted red pepper if using and parsley. In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and add to the salad. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp and Corn Salad With Lime-Chili Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.3 mg
- Sodium 545.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 13.2 g