Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a really easy, quick, and tasty soup.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 large yellow onion, julienned
- 2 (864.66 g) can whole kernel corn
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 14.79 ml cajun seasoning
- 170.09 g bay shrimp
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the corn, chicken stock and whipping cream; simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in food processor in small batches.
- Return to pan. Add Cajun seasoning and bay shrimp and stir well. Let set for one hour to develop flavor, then reheat and serve.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Tag game and forgot to post...what a wonderful chowder! I didn't have bay shrimp so I used small shrimp cut into pieces which still worked and the spice wasn't overpowering...just a creamy and delicious chowder (sorry I guess I already said that). Definately going into my Favorites for 2011. Thank you.
I was craving shrimp and corn chowder/soup and when I found this recipe, I knew I wanted to try it for your Wildcard Playoff 2010 win. The ease of preparation really sold me on it. I didn't use quite as much cajun seasoning as I was afraid it would overpower the sweeteness of the corn. I used 1/2 Tiger Dust and 1/2 soul seasoning. It turned out really well and I certainly enjoyed the texture and creaminess. I bet it will be even better the second day.
Spicey and Creamy. This is a delicious chowder. The cajun spice gives this quite a kick, so use sparingly if you don't like a lot of heat. Used reduced fat 1/2 and 1/2 and real butter. Delicious!